𝗪𝗜𝗣𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗣𝗦 on how to deal with a rejection letter:
Many of us know how it feels to receive another response to a job application: Thank you for your application but we are sorry to inform you that you have not been selected… Now you have a choice, an instant choice: You let this “rejection letter” tear you down, or you turn this rejection into action:
- Assess once again the experience of the whole job application.
What did you learn from it? What would you do better next time?
- Be confident that there is another opportunity out there that will fit you even better.
- Keep going, don’t give up. Remember often times we look back and realize that a particular job rejection was the best thing that could have happened to us.
- Don’t forget what you have to offer, remember your values.
- Don’t get trapped into a negative thought spiral. Instead, come back to the present moment, and reassess your current situation.
- Every action, is still an action to move forward, there is always space for growth.
- Nurture your network, and if you don’t have a mentor, look for one, we oftentimes are blind to our own behavior, a mentor can help to think outside the box.